Possibly Hawkes Delft Diamond stemware - need another opinion please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 17, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I got these stems & I think they are Hawkes Delft Diamond, but they are not marked.

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/hawdedia.htm

I wanted to get another opinion before I listed them with this ID.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thankss for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss:

2. bercrystal

I guess I will have to surmise that everyone agrees with my ID since there has been 46 members who have looked in on this thread, but no one has commented. ;):confused::happy::happy:

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'm one who looked, but didn't comment because I don't know.
    However on closer look, I'm not so sure they are Hawkes.

Compare your stem to these from replacements:
    Theirs had circles spaced, while yours are next to each other. Also space from the bottom of the glass, while yours sits on the button.
    upload_2017-2-19_7-50-17.png
    upload_2017-2-19_7-49-50.png

Yours:
    upload_2017-2-19_7-52-15.png

I just don't know. Sorry.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi cluttered - I'm another one that looked but didn't comment. I went back and forth between the Replacements examples and your example at least a dozen times and just couldn't say for sure one way or the other. If it isn't Hawkes it's awfully close. Wish it was signed. You might want to contact Replacements and see what they think.
    Don

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. bercrystal

Pat - I was concerned about that also, but in the photos of the actual goblets the cuts do not look like they are perfect little circles. :confused::confused::confused:

Don - I just looked at all of them again & they are definitely not marked on the base. :(:(:(

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Peggy.....Don't just check the base. Look where the bowl meets the stem and the base of the bowl. Even check the cuts on the bowl. Hawkes Signatures can be very hard to find. The often put them in unusual places so they wouldn't detract from the beauty of their work. If possible take them into a darkened room and use an LED Flashlight to look them over.

dgbjwc and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted