Featured Pot/squat vase - unmarked

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Jun 5, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Guess this is probably a studio piece - but unmarked - the unusual glaze drew me to it enough to bring it home - about 7" across. Any idea where from? ( I don't expect anyone to really recognize it - just posting out of the unusualness of it and the fact that I like it mostly)

40641311594_1e625e391c_k (1)dev.jpg 41311993422_c6adced818_kdev.jpg 40641310534_5b47c26d77_k (1)dev.jpg 40641308604_954c781f46_k (1)dev.jpg 27484134898_8b1896ef18_kdev.jpg 27484133538_8952d5dba0_k (1)dev.jpg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I like it too, very nice .. Joy.

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I would think an Asian import is more likely. That's a lovely pure white clay and it is so well formed. If it was a studio piece I would expect it show rings on the inside where it was turned. Also would expect some type of signature on a studio piece.
    Don

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

EC077C80-2883-49B4-A141-D01D1FE5C993.jpeg Looks MAYBE like a squat vase encircled, and a word?

aaroncab and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Just love this piece too. To me it looks like the real shape of the white jar inside is just trying to burst through the brown glaze into its fown special freedom. Sorry to sound too metaphysical at this hour of the morning, but it inspires. I have a sense of it being Asian, but can’t really tell.

aaroncab and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

That’s OK, it’s evening here! :hilarious:

7. aaroncab

I'll check it out and report back.

i need help likes this.
  8. aaroncab

Alas - after giving the base a quick wipe down - whatever you underlined on the right side wiped right off, and whatever you underlined on the left side didn't turn out to be anything - I can't find any signs of a mark or lettering. There do appear to be stilt marks.

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

Arrrggg!!

aaroncab likes this.
  10. aaroncab

Thanks Dragon :) It's certainly unusual - in a good way - at least to me, and to you :)

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted