Potentially Fake Sevres Mug

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GustafsonMerchandising, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Hello!
    I am hoping to get a second opinion on this mug I've come across recently. It seems to be an unoriginal sevres but I am not positive. The gold enameling/leafing is not raised and has no texture, which I've read is a sign of a real sevres. On top of this, the maker's mark is faded and I cannot find any similar ones in my research, leading me to believe it is a fake. Please let me know what you think. Thank you for your time.

PS: If anyone has any idea whom this mug might depict please let me know!

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hello Gustafson, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! Lovely mug, of which I am NOT an expert, but OTHERS WILL be along to help!! She should fit here..... have to chuckle....don't think I've ever seen a crown worn SO "casually" before!!! :happy::happy:

WHO IS THIS.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    judy likes this.
  3. You're totally right, it is certainly an "interesting" way to sit the crown haha.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted