Pottery Bowl.. Signed..but by who ???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by janettekay, Jul 18, 2014.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I really like this bowl. (and never thought of it as just another "art class kind of piece"). Have never been able to decipher the siggie.. 7 1/2" W
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks...janette

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's a little hard to make out because the color of the inscribed area is the same color as some of the background. Perhaps in hand it's easier to see or perhaps if you put something into the inscription (powder?) it would be easier to make out. As it is, it looks sort of like Auw or Huw TB but could be so many things, Huro, Auro, Arrio, Hirro, Airro, Hurio..TB, 73, 713 T13 etc. Sorry I know that isn't very helpful.

I was going to guess Japanese but have no reason why. There is a famous Hiro potter in Japan but this doesn't look like his other online pieces.

I sort of see this.

huw tb pottery.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I had tried the powder..but as piece has rough texture..all over..powder just does not work..!!! I can say that "in hand" I do concur with TB and possibly Au--
    I fear this bowl will remain a mystery...but I enjoy it ! PS--It is not truly "round" but four sided with sides higher in centers..
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted