Featured Pottery decanter and goblets help please - Trishken?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by NTC Collector, Apr 10, 2021.

1. NTC Collector

NTC Collector Well-Known Member

7CD85F18-78B2-4815-B38C-D29ABCB38D01.jpeg 8AFB6F82-CECC-4288-B5D2-8B4EA410D0FF.jpeg hi all, found this stoneware/ceramic/ pottery decanter and goblet set today. Signature looks like Trishken to me but can find no links to such a person. Looks perhaps mid century but have no idea. Decanter measures 30cm tall, the goblets 10cm high each. Bought in Melbourne Australia so could be Oz pottery or from anywhere. Love the glaze and stopper. Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation. DCF1A757-968F-41E0-9E63-B87BBFA7657E.jpeg 49E4931A-E8A2-4759-980A-DA511BA8A700.jpeg C040592F-BAF9-43BD-92A4-2DF878CF3EEC.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I tried Irishken but couldn’t find anything. Lovely glaze.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

NTC Collector and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Not on any local potters list that I can find so far. Could be Trish and Ken someone as well.

6. NTC Collector

It’s a lovely set and each goblet with same signature- clearest on the decanter. The colours remind me of 1930s although I’m imagining later. Thanks for looking into it

7. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

This might be helpful, but my confidence level is very low: Tryškiai in Lithuania was called Trischken in German.

It appears to be a very small community and I've not found anything to suggest a ceramics link. OTOH, place names are often also family names and sometimes their spellings are changed as people move.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    NTC Collector likes this.
  8. NTC Collector

I like the lateral thinking….still stuck on a maker, region or date for this set

Draft saved Draft deleted