Featured Pottery help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Upyerkillt, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Upyerkillt

Upyerkillt Active Member

15383622409237791405419136812924.jpg 15383624137451663395532224129508.jpg 15383627561875842532746740399893.jpg 15383627862203643446449972952330.jpg 1538362811919218996676042300731.jpg 15383628306416701264341489362401.jpg Hey everyone I can't find anything remotely close to this out there. Got it for 3 bucks. Wondering age and maker. Thanks.

2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It has a definite Art Nouveau look to it.

Welcome to Antiquers! :)

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

OMG thats gorgeous ! Im thinking maybe Viennese secessionist movement,but I could be wrong.

pearlsnblume, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the board.

We have different forums.
    I'm going to ask that this be moved to the Pottery board, so that the pottery people see it.

@daveydempsey

5. Upyerkillt

Upyerkillt Active Member

How do I move it over to pottery?

pearlsnblume, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

You can't. Only a moderator can. Davey will be around soon. He will be able to do it.

If you start another thread, that gets confusing as some people will answer one thread, while others will answer this thread.

Just remember to check back tomorrow as people come and go at different times of the day.

judy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Upyerkillt

Upyerkillt Active Member

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Great find! Not necessarily Secessionist but certainly from the same region. Would look at the various potters that marketed under the Amphora brand. May be difficult to pin it to a particular pottery without marks but the work holds its own.

9. verybrad

If I had to guess …… Eduard Stellmacher

UncleChuckTX, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

11. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

12. Upyerkillt

Upyerkillt Active Member

Wow! What a difference in pricing and description! On the same site it sold for over 4k and then under $500. I saw a description saying it was from the 70s? Is it that new? Knowing so much more I am even more confused! Lol!

Bronwen, judy and aaroncab like this.
  13. verybrad

If there are several examples out there that are unmarked, doubt it is Stellmacher. Could see one or two slipping through unmarked or mark obscured by glaze but not all.

Bronwen likes this.
  14. verybrad

Am beginning to think this is newer. Have seen another example with a pristine interior as yours and another with the ubiquitous 4 black furniture protection dots often found on new imports.

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  15. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

On my regular trips to the thrift stores, I have often been attracted to Arts & Crafts/Art Nouveau looking ceramics lately. Nice soft colors, flowing shapes. But usually I am disappointed to find they are new when I pick them up - even import stickers on the bottom. I think mostly Chinese. It is maddening.

16. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

My knee jerk to the base was newer. I can't confirm that is correct, just my gut.

judy and Houseful like this.
  17. Upyerkillt

Upyerkillt Active Member

Thanks so much everyone! New or old its beautiful and for $3 definitely worth it.

judy likes this.
  18. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I rather felt the same. The interior also bothers me. It looks like the glaze was applied too thick. Beautiful vase nonetheless. Great buy for $3.
    Don

19. Kell

Kell New Member

20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Base and interior look brand new, especially with that number. Pretty though, so well worth grabbing.

i need help and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted