pottery Made in Spain majolica hand Painted Bowls plates MA Toledo Pte Arrob Parzobipo P.Avfob signe

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

pottery Made in Spain majolica hand Painted Bowls plates MA Toledo Pte Arrob Parzobipo P.Avfob signed
    I came across this set of Made in Spain bowls and plates.
    They all have makers marks on them need help ID of maker history and age. I hope I got the spelling right. Altogether there 1-IMG_7177.JPG 2-IMG_7200.JPG 3-IMG_7202.JPG 4-IMG_7183.JPG 5-IMG_7205.JPG 6-IMG_7209.JPG 7-IMG_7213.JPG 8-IMG_7217.JPG 9-IMG_7219.JPG are 8 item each one is a different pattern

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Newish but nice quality. The abbreviations are for Puente del Arzobispo, a pottery center in Spain's Toledo province. Can't tell from photographs exactly what you have but the plate decorative, obviously meant to be hung (either interior or exterior.) The bowls, given shape, are for gazpacho. Common souvenirs but attractive.

Debora

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. Mugzinnys

All items have been wired for hanging. What does the MA stand for?

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Really? Even the bowls? Hum. The MA is very likely the painter's name. María something probably. María Ángeles?

Debora

5. Mugzinnys

yes all the bowl were hanging I do think that the bowl were ever used.
    The rimmed bowls I guess you could call them pasta bowl are 2" X 10 1/4" and the mixing bowl i do not know the European terminology for that type of bowl
    but they e 4" X 8"
    2-IMG_7173.JPG 3-IMG_7200.JPG 4-IMG_7211.JPG 5-IMG_7216.JPG

Attached Files:

6. Mugzinnys

hi Deborah you mention earlier that the mixing bowls were for gazpacho would I be correct calling them gazpacho bowls.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Shape is right. How big are they? If they're large enough to hold the contents of a tureen, then they're gazpacho serving bowls. If they're the size of a soup bowl, then they're individual gazpacho bowls.

Debora

8. Mugzinnys

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted