Featured Pottery Sheep Coin Bank

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

C6202221-F193-4BB2-A1DC-427221C47EF0.jpeg 3FC7A026-882B-47F4-9E90-CF8BBDBC02CF.jpeg FD785889-E8FF-4BAE-9B26-CBD5A15E5C72.jpeg 77028502-A86F-4DA1-9EEA-697E86C7CF7F.jpeg Old?
    British or American?

2. kardinalisimo

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yours is nicer, kard. Much more detail and lovely colours.

judy likes this.
  5. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Nice.

judy likes this.
  6. kardinalisimo

I think the details are almost identical. I find it strange that this little piece sold for $750 with so little information about it.
    It was auctioned by Garth’s auction house based in Marble Cliff, Ohio.
    Maybe I should email them and sell it with them rather than putting it on Ebay?

judy likes this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi kardinalsimo,
    I would sell it to them why take a chance on eBay.
    greg

judy likes this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It's not unusual for early yellow ware to be unmarked. Much of it cannot be attributed back to a particular manufacturer. Figures of animals are particularly prized. We have a dealer who shows up for a local show and brings a lot of these types of items and prices are always high.
    Don

moreotherstuff, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. kardinalisimo

I got a reply from the auction house action house a minute after I sent them pictures.
    They think it could be a Shenandoah Valley example but they are not possitive. Estimated it $250-$500.
    However, I asked Crockers Farm and they think either not US made or if American, it is something they have not and would not handle.
    So, maybe I should try Garth’s Auction House? %25 commission and 45 days wait time for payment.
    Or I can do Ebay, maye buy now. Just I don’t want to attribute it to Shenandoah Valley without being sure.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

This is going to be one of those cases where "the buyer will need to make their own determination." I don't see any harm in noting the Shenandoah Valley as a possibility. On the other hand if you want something clean and relatively quick Garth would be the way to go. Good luck.
    Don

11. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Crocker Farm is correct, definitely not Shenandoah, find one like that made with red clay and CF would beg for it.

Any Jewelry and moreotherstuff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted