Featured Pottery Vase - Hand Thrown Southern Genuine Bybee?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

The pest is back. This vase measures 11" High, about 7" Handle to Handle.
    It is hand thrown with applied handles, with glaze pops. My WAG is Genuine Bybee, Lexington. The Book "Clear as Mud" shows a similar bottom with no marking, they used a label. Also, they make mention of Genuine Bybee using molded handles that were then applied. These handles have mold lines. They used this green glaze color. My problem is I cannot find this shape and size anywhere on the Web.

I would appreciate any help in identifying this vase. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree.

DSC01891.JPG DSC01898.JPG DSC01899.JPG

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I love the color. It seems a bit unusual.

judy likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

There is a group on Facebook called Kentucky Art Pottery Collectors. The gentleman that wrote Clear as Mud is a member. I would inquire there.
    Don

judy, komokwa, buyingtime777 and 2 others like this.
  4. Suzy60us

Figtree it is a blue green, a little deeper in green than most.

Don, I just registered to join the Kentucky Group. BTW there is a photo of a large lot of pottery for sale at a flea. I think a vase shaped like mine is in the photo.

thanks to both of you for your comments.
    Sue

judy, Figtree3, dgbjwc and 1 other person like this.
  5. Suzy60us

Thanks to Don's reply about the Facebook Group, Ky Art Pottery Collectors, I was able to confirm that this Vase is Genuine Bybee Pottery.

Figtree3, judy, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  6. hmartincalle

hmartincalle New Member

Possibly Tolbert Pottery, Lexington, 1930s.

moreotherstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted