Pottery Vase ID - Brush McCoy?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by FunkeysFinds, Jun 10, 2014.

1. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Hello,

I posted this vase in the Finds Thread and Brad thought it may be from the Brush McCoy Onyx line and asked to see the base. I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to add additional pictures in that thread, as that isn't used as an ID thread normally and I didn't want to upset any members.

The inside is glazed as well. The base does have some protective material on it that hasn't been fully removed, but I think the base can be seen. If not, please let me know and I will work on it.

This vase measures approx. 7 1/4" by 4".

Thank you, Funkey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

When you search for the vase put #050 in the search as in Brush Mccoy #050 onyx vase.

3. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Thank you, SKCCOAST - that is very helpful. :joyful:

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Now that I see better pics and the bottom, I don't think it is Brush-McCoy Onyx. The shape is right but the glaze and bottom are wrong. The glaze has too many colors and too speckled. The bottom dry ring is too wide. Hard saying what this is. If I had to make a WAG, I would say maybe Belgian.

FunkeysFinds and SKCCOAST like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted