Pottery Vase, Native American?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found this vase today and was leaning towards it being Native American. Was wondering if anyone might be able to confirm that. There is a signature, next to last photo, but I have not been able to decipher it. Also is there a name for the particular design of this vase? Measures 4" tall and is 6 1/2" wide. Thanks

DSCF9735 - Copy.JPG DSCF9736 - Copy.JPG DSCF9737 - Copy.JPG DSCF9738 - Copy.JPG DSCF9739 - Copy.JPG DSCF9740 - Copy.JPG DSCF9741 - Copy.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

The designs look more Asian to me, I mean the bamboo tulip look and the frog, Chinese or Japanese would be my guess. Take it with a grain of salt cause it's just a guess but I know the frog has special significance, I just don't remember if it's Chinese or Japanese significance. Nice!

judy likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not seein any NA influence..

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think Asian as well,but very cute!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I took them for reeds/cattails around a pond with a little frog. No NA feel for me either.

judy, yourturntoloveit and komokwa like this.
  6. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

thanks for all of the help

judy likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Studio pottery?
    I see ???berg for a name

judy, yourturntoloveit and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Add me to Cluttered's closet. Agree, studio pottery, name quite possibly ending 'berg'. I see the first letter as R.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Cute!
    Yes, they are.
    Not Asian, not NA. I agree with cluttered as well, studio pottery, Latin script signature, so probably American or European.
    First letter Z? Zonberg? Sounds very Dutch, so probably American.;)

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted