Featured Pottery vases - hand holding flower/lily

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Sep 18, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I've found various pottery hand/flower vases online but none that seem to be a match for this pattern - anyone recognize them? Unmarked - 7" tall, base is 2.5" in diameter.

Thanks again(!) amigos.

30882680738_e7b6313541_kdev.jpg 30882688398_759ead3362_kdev.jpg 42943399760_4cfe15530e_kdev.jpg 44704341282_1ed01abc76_kdev.jpg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE THEM !!! ... Joy.

i need help and aaroncab like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I haven’t seen these exactly yet, but try checking hand holding tulip. They seem closer, or just flower.
    I thought I posted this last night, but only halfway. :hilarious:

judy and aaroncab like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

(I swear I think I saw one like this in a Woodbridge thrift yesterday). I don't know who made it but did want to let you know I checked two possibilities in books I have and didn't find it as Hull or McCoy. Of course the books I have don't have all the items they made so that's not conclusive.

Figtree3, Aquitaine and aaroncab like this.
  5. aaroncab

You must have been in the Salavation Army off Gordon Blvd? I pulled this pair out of their yesterday about 5 minutes before they closed :D Thanks for checking your books!

Figtree3, Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

hmmm well I was actually and that could be where I saw it (I only saw one) but I was sort of thinking it was across the street at Bthrifty. Oh well, hope it turns out to be worthwhile.

I did find one like it on Etsy but no ID. If they can get $43 for it then woohoo for you!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/603500...se&ref=sr_gallery-1-31&organic_search_click=1

Aquitaine and i need help like this.
  7. aaroncab

Definitely SA - Each of them was in a different spot in the store. One was near the figurines by the checkout and the other was on the far wall where most of the knick-knacks/art are at. I did go in BThrifty too - that's where I found the Oai photo I posted in the Finds thread!

EDIT: Nicely found on Etsy! I doubt they'll get 43 for a single one - without an ID, but one can dream.

Figtree3, Aquitaine and i need help like this.
  8. say_it_slowly

After awhile the thrifts there become a blur (I also was at Savers). I was in Woodbridge to check IKEA for bookshelves to house some of my pots and couldn't help myself, had to hit a few thrifts:D.

Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and aaroncab like this.
  9. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

The completely dry unglazed bottoms remind me of Cameron Clay Products or Fredricksburg Pottery. You might try checking these. Good luck.

Figtree3 and aaroncab like this.
  10. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I had the same thought and tried checking their facebook pages, but my old eyes timed out on me.

Figtree3 and aaroncab like this.
  11. aaroncab

Good suggestion... I will do some digging into that. Thank you.

12. aaroncab

Thanks for looking I'll spend some time looking too.

Draft saved Draft deleted