Featured Potties,a little help on 2 tiles?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, May 17, 2017.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all,the madness continues. Me,with zero wall space,just HAD to have these tiles! The larger one is 12x12,the smaller one is 8x12.The big one is marked,but I havent found anything on it yet.I havent been able to bring myself to tear up the felt on the smaller one yet,but Im assuming its Chinese as well. Any and all comments appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Johnnycb, I love both tiles because they are lovely.

I am especially fond of the second (floral) tile. ;)

Joshua Brown and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

Can't help but I would have bought them!

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Johnnie,
    I love the floral also.
    greg

johnnycb09 and Joshua Brown like this.
  5. johnnycb09

So glad Im not the only one who would have bought them ! I cant find any reference to "DI" tiles,and cant pin down that chop mark.Google image brings up nada,but then again mine never do! I just must not have the knack.

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Don't be hard on yourself, Johnny, tiles are notoriously difficult to ID. Best to buy them as purely decorative items. Tiles like these do sell but not for very much.
    Don

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Johnny,
    They look like Cloisonne tiles to me, and I had never heard of cloisonné tiles before. However. I googled that term and came up with these. Not much help, but gives you a direction to look in......
    The top one is much more colorful then most I have seen online. I like them both! I would have snapped them up in a skinny minute!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=clo...mh9_rTAhUC6yYKHetWA7AQsAQIKA&biw=1600&bih=784

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. ksminsf

ksminsf Member

Can't help, but I sure do love the second one! Great find. I almost avoid looking anymore because my walls are so full. Almost....:joyful:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not cloisonne, but tube lined. Modern giftware: I have a couple, and like them. There's a company called Old Tupton who make stuff like this: a copy of modern Moorcroft and actually almost as nice.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  10. johnnycb09

Thanks all ! Ive learned so much (tube lined,cloisonne tile) ,a most informative thread. And a whole new area to collect I knew nothing about! :)

11. Ownedbybear

There you go. I've also remembered that I have a couple of tube line tiles bought by my parents in Sorrento in the 1970s. So they're sometimes Italian, too.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The art nouveau tube-lined tiles are the ones to collect. Be aware that there are reproductions.

upload_2017-5-19_11-21-11.png upload_2017-5-19_11-21-40.png

13. Ownedbybear

I've a couple of those Brad, including two Minton ones. Lovely things.

johnnycb09 and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted