Potties,any ideas ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Aug 30, 2017.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all.Picked this up mainly because of the color. Its 10 1/2 inches high,8 wide,with no markings. It was so filthy I didnt see the crack on the bottom till I washed it . :( Any ideas ? All input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aaroncab likes this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

No idea who made this, it is an unusual piece, pretty color, I would have paused at it, too.

Since we are getting feedback on this particular piece, I have a question for the folks who know pottery. The bottom of this looks like the glaze ran down and got on the bottom. Not totally covered, so I'm thinking was unintentional.

Would one expect to see something like this on a better piece?

(Not putting this piece down, just trying to learn! :))

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Well, considering that we see part of the glaze missed at the neck, I would hazard a guess that the vase was dipped in the glaze up to the neck rim, thus coating the entire bottom.

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted