Potties,cache pot or wine cooler?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Jul 16, 2018.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked this lovely today,its 7x7 and so very pretty I just had to have it. There are what looks to be incised crossed swords on the bottom. I tried to take a pic but its very hard. Its hand painted,any ideas on age,manufacture or what it is exactly? As always,all input appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Make that 2 votes for cache pot.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Make that three; I'd put an african violet in that any time.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

6. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:
    :bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:
    Cited from Wikipedia
    The word cachepot is French, from the French word, cacher, meaning "to hide" and translates as "overpot" in English[2]. Cachepots are vase-like containers to aesthetically hide a growing pot holding the plant itself [3] to provide greenery indoors.
    Still learning :D:D:D

Draft saved Draft deleted