POTTIES! I need some help, please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kentworld, Feb 7, 2022.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Visiting an old friend of my mother's today, she asked me about a pair of glass vases (separate thread) and this pottery temple jar (about 10" tall, I reckon). There is a chip on the base and one on the lid (but the lid is there!), otherwise in good, if dusty, condition. I'm a bit torn about it -- I think British, but not positive, and I'm thinking late 19th c, but also unsure about that. Any ideas? Thanks!
    ResizerImage925X904.jpg ResizerImage950X900.jpg ResizerImage911X1215.jpg ResizerImage873X1236.jpg

Houseful, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. kentworld

3. kentworld

Well, found an answer on another forum. This jar is missing the factory mark and pattern name. It is Cumberlidge and Humphreys and the pattern name, natch, is Japanese. 1884-1890. Good to know that my impressions were right, LOL!

dgbjwc, Born2it, judy and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted