Potties - mystery find this afternoon.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Dec 26, 2017.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's got some age on it and my guess would be American. But...whodunnit? There are three stilt marks and it seems to have been made in two pieces; the join is clearly visible on the inside. There's unfortunate chip on the bottom, but it shows the yellow colored pottery. The glaze has crackled a bit, and I'm guessing it's a good 80 years old. The glaze and construction make me think someone might know who did this. I don't have it to hand right this second, but it's about 8 or 9 inches tall.

DSCF7669.JPG DSCF7674.JPG DSCF7676.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Brush McCoy onyx glaze, I've got a couple. :)

3. evelyb30

Thanks. I knew it was something or other better than the three bucks I paid. :)

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is the match to my Jardiniere and stand.
    greg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. evelyb30

This style of vase doesn't appear to be worth much, but then I didn't pay much.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's probably the most commonly found shape in the onyx line. Sometimes you'll find them with the numerals 50 or 050 on the bottom which was Brush Pottery's shape number. With a little effort you can also find them in blue and brown onyx. I recently sold a brown one through my mall showcase for $19.
    Don

Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. evelyb30

Figures. Oh well. I don't sell pottery so it's not a tragedy. It'll probably end up in a friend's Channuka box. His daughter says it's her favorite thing to open every year since they NEVER know what'll be in there.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted