Featured Potties: Pair of 10" vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Sep 30, 2019.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Picked up a pair of 10" handled vases at the flea market. Marked on the bottom 203 U.S.A. I'm finding a few in my research online saying they are McCoy but I don't see them in my HNH Vol II McCoy book and I don't think they are. My first thought was Shawnee with the period after each letter but not in either of my Shawnee books. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you. I've struck out in several pottery identification groups on FB McCoy203.JPG
    McCoy203a.JPG
    McCoy203b.JPG
    McCoy203c.JPG
    McCoy203d.JPG
    McCoy203e.JPG
    McCoy203f.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It might be worth asking on the Camark fb page. I didn't find this in my Gifford books, but they marked this way in the 1940s.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

*crs* likes this.
  6. *crs*

7. *crs*

I hadn't considered Camark. Thanks for the push in that direction. I have all 3 of Letitia Landers books. I'll check them

8. *crs*

Just now had a look in all 3 of my Camark books with no luck. I'll double check with the Camark FB page to be sure.

9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's pretty overwhelming, the many potteries who once in a blue moon may have used a mold number and U.S.A. And it's disheartening to have a mold number and not be able to find a reference.

*crs* likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

*crs* likes this.
  11. *crs*

Thanks Pat. I so happen to have an Abingdon book. I'll check it. I posted these in 43 pottery identification FB groups and the McCoy FB group and no one had any suggestions. Thanks for the lead

Not in my Abingdon book either :(

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    clutteredcloset49 and janetpjohn like this.
  12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The only other thing I could think of was one of the New Jersey potteries but those are very difficult to research.
    Don

*crs* likes this.
  13. *crs*

Thanks Don.

Draft saved Draft deleted