President photos

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Dragontraine, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Dragontraine

Dragontraine Active Member

B0479AAB-D516-497E-AD10-551BDC12C455.jpeg F9923805-EE65-4FC2-88C7-ED0EABB5A8D8.jpeg B0479AAB-D516-497E-AD10-551BDC12C455.jpeg Hello everyone I found this cleaning out a house and wanted to see if they are worth anything they look like large stamps but there’s no glue on the back

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It looks like the set is incomplete... Warren G. Harding to Ronald Reagan, with two empty spaces where perhaps George W. Bush and Bill Clinton should have been?

When you say there is no glue on the back, I'm wondering... they appear to be stickers that adhere to a backing, which includes the two empty spaces. So that is not what they are?

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And I ask... What's wrong with this picture?

Debora

Bakersgma likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oops, I must have missed something. I don't know the answer... except that they are sideways. And I don't think that's what you're referring to.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't. I was referring to the fact that 52% of the U.S. population is unrepresented in those photographs.

Debora

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

True that, Debora!

They don't really look like "photographs" to me. Based on photos perhaps, but manipulated? colors altered? something along those lines.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You're right. (As usual!) Think I'd call them illustrations.

Debora

Kathy Anderson and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

And of course, you could think of the word I could not! ;)

9. Dragontraine

Dragontraine Active Member

I don’t think they are stickers I can’t peel any of them off and the ones missing don’t show an edge where they would have been peeled from there are peferations where you would take them apart for each square

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Then they're little trading cards or some such. Easy to date.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted