Pressed glass punch bowl set. Sandwich pattern? Anchor Hocking?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, May 27, 2019.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Not the best photos. Really needs controlled lighting, which I do not have, to make the pattern show. I'm calling the glass clambroth because it has a creamy translucence, not white like milkglass. I did find a bowl in clear that was described as Sandwich and Anchor Hocking. Confirm? Age?

The big bowl is 5" high, 10" across the top. No maker's mark.

z.jpg

zz.jpg

zzz.jpg

zzzz.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I guess that's it, yes. Thanks! Looks like they had the same problem with the photos as I had.

Two of the cups have cracked handles. I mention this because I think the damage is due to underfill - not quite enough glass in the gather to properly fill the mold. Most of the cups have a light seam at about the same point on the handle, but the join was sealed. They were really toeing the line on glass quantity. (The following is also an interesting image to me because of the apparent color differential. That doesn't show in the glass except right at the seam. It's why the handle looks cracked. It's not a color difference in the glass... just the way the glass catches the light in the photo.):

zzzzz.jpg

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted