Pretty Glass Vase with a Mark, Need to ID Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

DSCF3735.jpg DSCF3736.jpg DSCF3740.jpg

I bought this vase as part of a box lot and assumed it was Mikasa because everything else in the box was. But there's a mark on the bottom I've never seen before and now I'm curious what it could be. The vase is 8" high. It has a triple repeating pattern like grass fronds that come out of the base. The mark was extremely difficult to photo, did my best, hope you can see it ok. TY!

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

The big miters (the groves are called miters) were pressed when the glass was made (in the mold). The small gray groves were cut subsequent to that. An additional bit of decoration.

Kelly Green, judy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

So technically, can be called cut crystal. I don't know the mark, but likely someone here will. :)

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I was intending to place this in my space at the antique mall because it's pretty. I sell a lot of vases there. Then I saw the mark, have never seen it before and was curious. Who knew it would become a bit of a brain buster?! To me, it looks like a C with a cane. It's likely newer, maybe 80s or later.

Draft saved Draft deleted