Pretty Pink Bead Necklace & thin Metal brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by cxgirl, Jan 19, 2015.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Need some help with these 2 pieces:
    pink glass bead necklace with aventurine - any ideas on age of these and where would they have been made?
    thin metal brooch 2 1/2" x 2" - no idea on this one so any info appreciated.
    thanks for looking DSC01069.jpg DSC01072.jpg DSC01074.jpg DSC01095.jpg DSC01076.jpg DSC01078.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hi Cx,

Regarding the necklace, I feel confident to say it is an older piece, maybe 1940's, or could be a bit earlier (just plus or minus on the date.) Might be Italian or Czech. Be sure to check the little jump ring at the closure, sometimes in tiny letters you might see "Czechoslovakia" written along the edge of the ring. It is a bit unusual in a good way, with those elongated filigree beads (might be a better word for those beads). Very pretty.

The brooch is totally reminding me of a necklace I got that I never could ID. I always thought my piece was 40's or so as well, is the metal on this pin sort of "tin-like"? I'll have to see if I can find the necklace.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    cxgirl likes this.
  3. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

cxgirl ... hi there! On your pic. of the back of the pin, are those letters across the small dangling heart on the right side (about 1/4 of the way down from the top )? Also, what do you suppose all those little round holes (I count seven) in the center heart were for?

cxgirl likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks folks!
    Lucille, no marks at all. One of the beads is broken so I don't think it would be worth listing. Yes, the brooch is tin-like.
    Quirkgirl, no letters, just wear to the piece. I think the little holes are just part of the design.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

My guess on the necklace was Japanese with Czech backup. I was thinking more mid-50s too. The pin I don't think is as old as it wants to be; the hardware is all wrong. I'd be guessing 1980s.

Draft saved Draft deleted