Prussia teapot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tricia Harr, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

evening everyone,
    any ideas on age and pattern on my teapot? It's not in perfect condition little chip on spout..
    TIA 2019-03-16-22-58-21.jpg 2019-03-16-22-56-51.jpg

moreotherstuff and Houseful like this.
  2. Tricia Harr

I found something about reproductions and fake decals.. how can I tell if this is the real deal?
    tya

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Cute hat, INH!!!!!

Houseful, judy and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Thank you! :)

judy likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

judy and i need help like this.
  8. Aquitaine

[​IMG] ....not done

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

???

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

You rang? Peggy is spot on - it is mold 576 and the decoration is Reflecting Water Lilies. It's a popular decoration. Does the lid fit snugly? I ask because the lid may be correct. The color seems to follow onto the lid. It is not the usual lid for this teapot but it is an RS Prussia lid and I was able to find that lid on a syrup pitcher in mold 631 with the same Reflecting Water Lilies decoration. (see RS Prussia Popular Lines by Gaston, pg. 537 on pg. 249 to see the syrup.) I also found two Mold 576 teapots and a sugar bowl in one of my books but they all have the tops as shown in the Worthpoint example. (see RS Prussia: The Art Nouveau Years by Leland & Carol Marple, pg. 74, plates 319, 320 and 321). Someone may have married the two but I think it's at least remotely possible that RS Prussia used more than one lid for mold 576. They would save money where they could. It would require more research I'm afraid. Anyway, that's how I would describe it if selling.

I've bought RS Prussia teapots with spout chips myself if they are cheap enough. I always think I'll have them repaired but I never do. Somehow I forget they are there after awhile. It will be a tough resell though.
    Don

11. Tricia Harr

Ty so much, I was worried it might be a repro or fake hallmark

12. Aquitaine

So much has been going on here the past week, I got transported away from here....I think I was going to post another image along side of the teapot.....don't exactly remember at this point....sorry, but glad Don got it solved!!!!!

judy and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted