Featured Qing Chinese Plate - Approximate age, please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 15Stiftgasse, Sep 25, 2021.

1. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this Qing period Chinese plate. It's supposedly 19th century, but, looking at the back, I'm wondering whether it might be earlier. I'd be interested to hear what the experts out there have to say.

There are some edge frits, but supposedly no significant damage. It's too far to get to see the plate personally (c. 3hrs away) so it would have to be an online buy with no redress - so I'm hesitating at the moment !

Thanks to all !!!

476_-688012609.jpg 476_1056944819.jpg 476_1681833929.jpg

stracci, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

It looks early 19th century from the images, BUT the images aren't good enough imo to make a fully informed decision.

3. 15Stiftgasse

Many thanks for your opinion, BCA ! Much obliged.

judy likes this.
  4. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

That looks like the Rose Mandarin pattern, IMO it dates to the 18th c, Qianlong.

15Stiftgasse and judy like this.
  5. 15Stiftgasse

Qianlong is what I was thinking, but wasn't exactly sure. Thank you, Mat.

6. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Very nice. Could be late 18th or early 19th century. No later than 1810 in my opinion.

7. 15Stiftgasse

Thank you for your help, Mr B. !

John Brassey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted