Question about storage/transport of jewelry

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Born2it, May 5, 2023.

1. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

#PrivilegeProblems
    Trying to find an attractive (or at least not ugly) way to store my jewelry safely and accessibly. Anybody have any suggestions for storing large quantities of jewelry besides a safe or enormous, heavy, and expensive piece of furniture? Most of what I’ve found is either too small, or makes it hard to see what is there.

Most of what I have is not particularly valuable, but I still would like it to not be a tangled mess. Grateful for any suggestions/input!

kyratango likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]I like these foam ring holders.....u can even make them yourself..

Necklaces.....use velcro bands to hold together , and wrap , several similar ones at a time and place them in clear plastic lock & lock containers..
    [​IMG]

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Look up plastic organizer boxes.

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I mostly use cardboard organizer boxes with labels, so you can write on the label what's inside. The boxes have adjustable partitions, which is also useful.

If you have painful joints like I do, cardboard boxes are easier to open than plastic ones. You just lift the lid like on a shoebox.

Dessert58, pearlsnblume and kyratango like this.
  5. Born2it

Ooooo, why didn’t I think of making my own ring and pin holders? That’s a great idea.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I suspect boxes will work very well for transport, for storing the things I don’t use often, and a modified/accessorized organizer box for the things I wear frequently.

I might even revive a thing I used to do- hang a piece of lace on the wall to store/display earrings.

moreotherstuff and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Born2it

Now why didn’t I think of making my own foam trays and necklace rolls?!? <facepalm> That, combined with storage boxes and organizers, will definitely make transport easier, And work well at home, especially for things I don’t wear all the time.

I’ve also been looking at tool and tackle boxes, and drawer units that stack and/or can be put side by side on a shelf.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted