Question about what is allowed

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by carman, Aug 31, 2020.

1. carman

carman New Member

Hello. I came across a small metal "pin" which had been in a box in my garage for years along with a lot of other old things my relatives (who were collectors of antiques/vintage items) purchased at garage sales/estate sales years ago. I do not want to violate any rules by posting a photo of something that may be considered offensive. I am simply seeking to learn this pin's history and am thinking perhaps it might be something a collector of military items re: Germany might be interested in. It does have a German symbol which is offensive. The writing on the pin includes words such as Sozialistische. The pin is approx. 7/8 inches in diameter. The colors include red, black, white, gold. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

antidiem and judy like this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Post a good photo of the front and back.

antidiem and judy like this.
  3. carman

carman New Member

Just to make sure..... I posted it awhile back on an auction site, and was notified that it could not be posted as it was offensive material (or something similar wording). Is it okay to post it here, since this is specifically a Militeria forum?

judy and antidiem like this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll swoon over seeing a swastika on a pin. We've seen others posted here.

I personally wouldn't be interested in owning or selling such an item but there is nothing wrong with at least learning about the history of the item.

Joe2007, antidiem, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's fine with me, @carman although I may not know much about it..

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this site...is not that site........you'd have to go far to offend us...!:eek:

but..
    just for shits & giggles.....you're new.....go read the rules !! :):)

antidiem, kyratango, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. komokwa

8. Pegasus52

Pegasus52 New Member

While the strength of feeling over certain wartime symbols is understandable, it's important to remember, "those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it".

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

10. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

@Fid , Charlie Chaplin would approve !

Aquitaine, judy and antidiem like this.
  11. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

Carman, a great many thanks for at least being thoughtful enough to ask about such a topic first before simply going ahead and posting. I feel though, given we are an antiquers forum, any such historical items such be allowable for posting if the intent is to learn about the object in question. No one wishes to merely see an agenda being pushed in here, but this hardly seems like it would be the place for such a political statement to be made.

Feel free to post your pictures and ask your questions. we shall answer and help whereever we can.

Ownedbybear, Aquitaine, judy and 3 others like this.
  12. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

13. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

In this instance if you would please label your topic -- NOT SAFE FOR WORK -or something along those lines in the title so people don't stumble into it without warning. Some my co-workers would think it weird if they saw me scrolling past Hitler in a pink suit or one of @komokwa 's birthday threads with the ladies and gents not fully dressed.

Aquitaine, judy and komokwa like this.
  14. komokwa

Well.....OK....that's the last time U get one of these on yer Birthday..........

upload_2020-9-11_12-44-32.jpeg

Aquitaine, kyratango and judy like this.
  15. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

@komokwa TY for NOT posting that sexy picture on my B-day thread! ROTFLMAO

16. komokwa

Wait....I'm not sure 'that one' is Sexy !!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::inpain::inpain::eek:

kyratango and judy like this.
  17. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

More like hubby hubby - somebody's hubby. At least I hope that's what was going on. :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

RE: the original question, it takes a lot to offend this bunch. I would make sure any posting with "mature" subject material is titled as such, so no one opens a politically incorrect thread around a bunch of cancel culture types. Historical items can offend their delicate sensibilities.

kyratango likes this.
  19. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

OMG. My eyes hurt from seeing that!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

kyratango likes this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

YEEEEEEEIKESISH!!! My eyes did a WHOLE SPINAROUNDFLIPFLOPSIDEUPDOWN!!!!
    :arghh::bag::borg::dead::cyclops::muted::joyful::jimlad::jawdrop::hungover::hilarious::facepalm::smuggrin::eek::eek::eek::D:cool::confused::yawn::yawn:

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted