Quimper double ink well Is there another French name for this pottery piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

I've search all morning for another name for this item. I thought that it was referred to as a soliel or something similar? I had research it about a month ago and came to that conclusion, but now searching this morning I came up blank. It not all that important but its got me. Also it has 3 slots but shoud it still be called a double ink well? 20180921_124511.jpg 20180921_124520.jpg 20180921_124523.jpg 20180921_124527.jpg 20180921_124554.jpg 20180921_124600.jpg .

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Well, encrier is French for inkwell. Could that be what you're looking for?

i need help, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

All the ones in this shape on worthpoint are called double inkwells or inkstands. The center is a rectangle and had no insert, but there was a lid. Someone speculated it's for quills, but my knowledge of inkwells is nil. I do know yours is missing the two pots, plus the three lids.

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Oh la la!

[​IMG]

komokwa likes this.
  6. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

Wow tat one is Really Nice
    Oh la la the missing pieces Thanks Bronwen what a beautiful encrier! Thanks say_it_slowly and janetpjohn for help on my encrier

Draft saved Draft deleted