Rare 1950's-60 Jack Douglas Souvenir Plate With 5 Of His Movies

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Jan 25, 2022.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I;ve had this plate for years.Never found out anything about it.I did find out he was I believe from British and did movies.I founs some souvenir but not this one.Any idea. SAM_0195.JPG SAM_0196.JPG SAM_0197.JPG SAM_0198.JPG SAM_0199.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Now that's an odd thing. I think I'd describe it as a promotional plate rather than a souvenir plate. The company was called Jack Douglas Productions and began work in film in 1954 which would be your earliest date. Easy to figure out latest -- and likely production date -- from titles.

Debora

4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

The last of the five shows listed is "Seven League Boots" and ran from 1958 to 1960.

antiquelover69, Debora and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I expect it dates to the earlier date or just prior. Would likely have been produced to promote launch of Seven League Boots and served as reminder of company's track record of successful shows.

Debora

antiquelover69 and Roaring20s like this.
  6. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

Thanks to you all!!!

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Draft saved Draft deleted