Rare Cambridge Glass Turkey Dish?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Nov 28, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies! I may have fallen for a bit of artful salesmanship on this one but it was unique enough (and cheap enough) to be worth a buy. According to the tag this is a Rare Cambridge Turkey Dish. It measures 12 7/8" long, 4 3/4" at its widest and about 1 1/2" tall. It does sort of look like one of their swans if somebody squashed it and stretched it out. I've tried searching swans, herons, egrets, and of course turkeys but couldn't find this dish. The color reminds more of Viking's yellow than a Cambridge color. Google searches have produced nada so here I am at your mercy again. Save me! Save me! Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
    Don

IMG_20171128_113959317.jpg IMG_20171128_114015792.jpg IMG_20171128_114149449.jpg IMG_20171128_114117082.jpg IMG_20171128_114104647.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't recognize it as Cambridge.

Since you are thinking Viking, have you considered New Martinsville? Just another place to look, as I don't know. And I don't know if they made that yellow.

dgbjwc and cxgirl like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Partridge?

dgbjwc likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dove. It's either that or the Pear Tree.

dgbjwc likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think I may be up the pear tree without a ladder!
    Don

pearlsnblume and cxgirl like this.
  7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Ooh! Should I send in the Lords a'leapin?

dgbjwc likes this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Don, I don't know WHAT it is, but I really like it! (I've been collecting "elegant" yellow glass for years: Heisey, Cambridge & Fostoria, in particular.)

I looked, page by page, through the only 4 glass reference books I own, and I didn't find it. (I sort of figured I wouldn't, but I tried, anyway.)

Thanks, tho, for making me look at those books again - it had been a while, and I'd forgotten how much I love some of that stuff!

dgbjwc, clutteredcloset49 and cxgirl like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi -C-! Thanks so much for looking. There are some days when I would love to do nothing more than curl up in my chair and go through some of my reference books. Sometimes when I'm watching TV I'll pull one off the shelf and start paging through. My mom has a collection of Heisey Empress in Sahara which we get to use on the holidays. Occasionally, I'll find a piece for her to add.

I'm not sure the bottom is polished enough on my "turkey" to be one of the elegant manufacturers so I'm looking more mid-century now. And it's just so yellow as opposed to Sahara and other elegant glass. As cluttered suggested New Martinsville I asked for help on the Viking FB page. I should have thought of that sooner. But I haven't gotten any replies so I assume that's another dead end. Probably when I least expect it the answer will appear! Perhaps while I'm paging through a random reference book one evening.
    Don

pearlsnblume and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted