Featured Rare Judy Garland Original Candid Coming Out Of Storage. ❤️Maven

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

An item of interest from my vintage & antique photography gallery collection, particularly for the Judy Garland fans. I have kept this in my image storage for approximately the last two years (or close to that).

It is a rare original candid taken of Judy in between takes while filming Presenting Lily Mars (film released in 1943). This image was taken in either late October 1942, or early November 1942. I will be re-commissioning this eventually to my private home gallery walls (I will be deciding on a new suitable custom matting & preservation framing).

*In the final production cut of the movie, you will not see the musical number she wore this dress for, this scene was cut from the movie, in lieu of another scene that would be used. ❤️Maven

12ADF309-6528-4B5B-A696-829110203380.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Joe2007, elarnia, NewEngland and 4 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Fabulous !

Vintage Maven likes this.
  3. Vintage Maven

Thank You @johnnycb09 I apologize if the photo I took of it in the lighting it’s in isn’t great (It was taken rather quickly), it looks much more stunning in a room of natural lighting etc. Once it is eventually appropriately framed, it will look fabulous! This rare photo from my collection has not seen the light of day, so to speak, for awhile. ❤️Maven

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Beautiful!!

Vintage Maven likes this.
  5. Vintage Maven

Awe Thank You @Aquitaine So lovely of you to say. ❤️Maven

6. Linny

Linny Member

I love the Vintage stuff. I have some original Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney photographs and a couple of Judy Garland rehearsing for a play called Quiet Please with Ann Mason, and two others. I can't remember who now, maybe Jane Wyatt and Donald Pleasence? Well my memory is not quite what it used to be evidently. Haha.

Draft saved Draft deleted