Rare Vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sayada Mona, Jun 5, 2021.

?

Dear Experts, Is this a very rare pair? Please help me. Thank you.

1. Jack

50.0%
  2. Jill

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sayada Mona

Sayada Mona Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no...too much forced crackle.

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's just a modern crackle glaze. I used these in the 1960s, although they may have been around longer, available to hobby ceramics crafters. You can see how consistent the crackle is, the colors of the lines are all the same, with no true stress or wear, like in old and real crackle.

I will say these are very pretty, nicely painted, not old.

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

What has Jack n Jill got to do with it ?

RichardE, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Modern Chinese imports. Evidenced as noted above by the heavy crackling. Also the decoration is strangely inert, almost mechanical in its application.

Debora

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I have been wondering that in every thread by Sayada Mona. I hope the mystery will be revealed soon.

7. Sayada Mona

Sayada Mona Member

I get the following message
    (The following error occurred:
    Please enter at least two poll responses).
    and I can't create a post. Thank you.

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

If you do not write anything on the line that says Question, this will not happen. Just leave the entire Poll field blank.

You can write your question the text box with your photos.

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

When creating a post, DO NOT check off any of the items that refer to a poll. Totally unnecessary and not usually appropriate to the questions being asked.

Draft saved Draft deleted