Featured real Guangxu period?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Phaik Hooi, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They are very nice, Phaik. And still in one piece (well, three pieces). Probably made in Canton for the Peranakan taste, there is no missing them in a crowd.:)
    I don't know the marks, but the glaze has age, and I see no reason why they wouldn't be Guangxu.
    Kangxi would have been great, priceless even, but this style was never made during the Kangxi period, so you're wise enough.;)

3. Phaik Hooi

:joyful::joyful:

lloyd249, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Phaik Hooi

@Asian Fever
    have been trying to decipher the marks. are they zhu mao chi zuo and jiangxi cheng hua?

lloyd249 and judy like this.
  5. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

"JiangXi Ding Yi Sheng" Made
    Republic period, authentic, it is made for civil use. Not valuable.

6. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I agree about the Republic period but Asian Fever, what's with your statements lately that non-Imperial and domestic porcelain is not valuable? It all depends on the rarity and the execution.

judy likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

No, there's always specific marks, patterns, signatures used for Imperial edition.

Phaik Hooi and judy like this.
  9. Phaik Hooi

@Asian Fever
    JiangXi Ding Yi Sheng is the third mark, correct? because the other 2 marks are different (looks different to me :joyful::hilarious:), or are they all the same? can we date them to early 1900s, or at least pre-WWII for the south-east asian peranakan community as AJ said?

judy likes this.
  10. Phaik Hooi

@kardinalisimo
    porcelain from reputable porcelain makers during the gaungxu period/early republic period that were not imperial makers has collectible value, eye of the beholder and all that. imperial makers were extra special and in a league of their own :D:happy::joyful:
    peranakan items also tend to have that family connection aspect ;):D:happy::hilarious:

11. Phaik Hooi

the quality of the auction pieces are superior. i think asian fever is saying that mine would be more like this :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.39.26 AM copy.jpg
    i have the complete set, that would value mine to at least USD75! ;):p:D:hilarious:

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You're right, the prices of some provincial ware pieces are very high, because of age, rarity, and execution. There are collectors for everything, and provincial wares are very attractive.
    Chinese items made for the Southeast Asian market, Peranakan or otherwise, are on the up, because of the now very well established middle classes in Southeast Asia. They are taking more interest in their past and have more money to spend.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted