Real or Fake? Royal Dux, Katri Cupid/Angel

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by trolleygirl, Feb 6, 2020.

1. trolleygirl

trolleygirl New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to the site and fairly new to vintage ceramics (but am really enjoying learning). I came across a Royal Dux cupid (or angel) figurine at an estate sale the other weekend, and after some research, am now stumped as to whether it's real or not?

It has no pink triangle.
    The inside is marked "Royal Dux Czechosluvakia" (yes a "u").
    Below that in blue ink is stamped "katri."
    On the back is a number stamp that appears to read "5675" but there may be a number before those...a 1? I can't make it out.

It is utterly adorable, but in the interests of being more educated, I'd love your input! Thank you :) IMG_4029.jpg IMG_4030.jpg IMG_4031.jpg IMG_4029.jpg IMG_4030.jpg IMG_4031.jpg IMG_4029.jpg IMG_4030.jpg IMG_4031.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

If you check, Royal Dux katri, on eBay (USA) you will find a listing in: currently for sale & sold with the same marking. Both sellers are calling them 'vintage' so not much help there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...377279?hash=item48d4a744ff:g:~4AAAOSwo25dphTv

click on 'sold' picture or the wee 'see original listing': https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ro...006836?hash=item36523da9b4:g:gN8AAOSw-hVdQPWa

I believe that the spelling with a "u" instead of an "o" is just a slight under-struck marking.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted