Featured Real Photo Postcard Storefront

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Hello,

I recently added this interesting real photo postcard depicting a small storefront that sold goods, groceries, and notions to my collection from an antique mall vendor.

Anybody able to perform some Google magic and locate where Latham & Trainor was located? I am not coming up with any results.

Sincerely,
    Joe2007

Postcard RPPC Storefront Latham & Trainor.jpg

Houseful, elarnia, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Is that a black gloved hand, or is that woman holding a gun?

dude likes this.
  3. antidiem

I think it is her hand? ;)

dude likes this.
  4. antidiem

I'm sorry, Joe, I've looked and looked and come up with nothing.

Figtree3, judy, dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. I found zilch. Searched old newspapers and tried several google search terms.

Figtree3, judy, dude and 1 other person like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I had no luck either. Lots of Trainors in upstate New York though (Albany way.) What part of the country did you find it in?

Debora

Figtree3, dude and Joe2007 like this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Thanks everyone - I purchased it in a Southern Ohio antique mall. The back is postally unused so no hints there.

Figtree3, judy and dude like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Can you read the sign that hangs in the upper left of the window? May be a regional brand.

Debora

Joe2007 likes this.
  9. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

There is a Latham ohio and a Latham Ny. Might try checking Latham Ohio historical society or business records.

10. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

High-waisted dark skirt peeking out from behind an apron over-skirt. You can see the dark skirt at her ankles is longer than the apron.

antidiem, Bakersgma and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I assume the folks standing outside are the proprietor(s) and their family or workers? Is that a good assumption?

12. antidiem

Ah, yes, thank you so much Elarnia! :)

Yes that's what I think too.

Joe, every time I searched on this, Albany (town in NY) was pervasive in my findings. I didn't even mention Albany or NY for my searches, so possibly that's a clue? Not sure what else to think.. :)

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted