Featured Really Pretty Glass Pieces - Can Anyone ID?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought these glass pieces because they're pretty, but I've never seen this pattern before. It could be contemporary but the estate they were selling for had only older glass and a lot of glass from the 1970s. This piece was SO dirty but now looks fabulous. My photos aren't very good. It's some kind of mayo or sauce bowl with underplate and also came with an oval platter. It weighs a ton. Maybe lead crystal? All of the pieces are very well finished and fire polished. Platter measures 15 1/2" x 9" and sauce measures about 6 1/2 x 4 3/4. Any ideas?

DSCF5325.jpg DSCF5326.jpg DSCF5327.jpg DSCF5329.jpg

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

One more thing. I shined my black light on it and it glows a strong yellow.

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Never mind, I found it. It's Duncan Miller's Flair pattern. I looked in my Heisey book and saw a similar pattern and the caption said "similar to Duncan Miller Flair". So looked at chatabout and found it. Ta Da! Thanks anyway.

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Good that you found it!

5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Congrats! It *IS* pretty. Stylish.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted