Featured REALLY strange story ~ is this a ring?!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Oct 29, 2018.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

(This happened this week xx)

I found some pennies in my garden, covered in verdigris and mud etc etc ( modern pennies) so I was cleaning them up as an experiment,to see which was the best method. Anyway, two of them disappeared overnight so I turned everything over to see if I could find them. I didn't....Mr. Bou Jones looked at the bottom of the bin at the top of the garden for me ( which is emptied every two weeks ) and he didn't find them but he found this [​IMG]:eek: [​IMG]:eek: [​IMG]:O
    What IS it? Sorry for the pics, just took them quickly x x
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have washed it since the pics, can take **better** pics if required? x x

2. BoudiccaJones

( I meant to say too it's approx an inch across )

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Interesting, Bou.:pompous: A very old man's ring?
    Do you know what the material is? Is it magnetic?
    Did you clean it and is this its 'clean' look?
    Did he find this in the bin, or near it?
    Apologies for all the questions, but it is so intriguing.

4. BoudiccaJones

Hello my lovely AJ <3

It was actually in the bin, in the bottom of a back bag ( HOW?)
    It's non magnetic,this is after I'd cleaned it a little. I've cleaned it a bit more now...it fits me, so coud be a ladies ring? I have teeny wrists and fingers (unfortunately,rest of me is not so small :( ) so it is quite small
    The black stuff I think is encrusted dirt, not oxidisation ... it's an utter mystery. I have asked all my kids and everyone I know that has access to my bin :eek: if they have seen it before and they haven't...I'l try and take a better pic xx
    Thank you for your reply x xx

5. Any Jewelry

:kiss:
    :jawdrop:
    The antique ring fairy?:playful:
    It could be a ladies ring, I was just thinking of approx an inch across, but I suppose that is the outside, not the inside. It looks like a very antique gold ring, but is it? And how did it get in your bin?
    Do you have one of those precious metal test kits?

6. Any Jewelry

7. BoudiccaJones

It looks like gold to me,but I am not an expert ( on anything)
    I think that it's actually broken and should be round? I am going to try to take a pic x x x

8. BoudiccaJones

(No, I don't have a testing kit but I really do need to get one ) x x x
    Sorry yes I shoud have said,the measurements were from the outside) xx

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hey BouBou. Think we're going to need to see it in a much cleaner state since color is about all we out here have to go on. If it is gold, looks like a wedding band that had to be cut off someone's not-so-slender finger. What else was in the bottom of the bag? Anything dug up somewhere?

Meanwhile, where are your pennies? What in the world did you use to clean them that either made them able to rise up & walk or dissolved them? US pennies have not been solid copper in a long time. What metal is used in pennies there?

10. Any Jewelry

[​IMG]

11. Bronwen

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

12. BoudiccaJones

It's a mystery about the pennies! One minute there were three,then there was just one :O
    I haven't found them and they must BE somewhere!
    I have new pics, just uploading x x

13. BoudiccaJones

14. BoudiccaJones

I am wearing a pink top,think that's why it looks a bit pink in pic...it doesn't in hand xx

15. BoudiccaJones

The bin bag was full of my usual crap ie litter ( YAK) ,nothing out of the ordinary xx

16. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't really know so I'll just go to the most romantic thoughts:). Post medieval posy, mourning or signet ring shrug emoji smal purple.jpg :).

17. BoudiccaJones

It does look like a signety type ring I must say, I coudn't see that when I first got it but it does seem to have that shape xxx

18. Bronwen

The shape is like this one. Expect there was something on that flattened place.

CTR Ring.jpg

(And there was something bright pink across from this one too.)

19. BoudiccaJones

OOhh how I wish I could see what was once there if there WAS something there, there might have been? x
    I am utterly amazed at this, how the hell did it get to the bottom of my bin? It's bin day today,so if I hadn't been looking for my pennies I'd ( well Chris Mr. Bou) It would have gone to landfill :eek:
    Lovely ring Cuz, it's yours? How old is yours? And do you think mine could be gold? xx

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  20. Bronwen

It is mine. It is not marked, but was sold as gold (probably 10K) by someone I trust & has held up like gold through at least 5 years of almost continuous wear. It is very slender & I stack it with other rings. It is not my 'faith tradition' as they're calling it now, but I liked the significance of CTR: Choose the Right. It's a Mormon thing. Seems like a good mantra for all. As for age? Not terrifically old. Don't know how it would look if it got buried for an extended period. Yours is very pitted.

Draft saved Draft deleted