Recent YouTube Video On Fake/Reproduction McCoy Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joe2007, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Don't Get Duped! McCoy Pottery Pieces That Never Existed!!!

I though this YouTube Video provided a good summary of the issues that exist for McCoy Pottery collectors. Some of the reproductions are easy to spot but unfortunately many require you to have your reference book that provides dimensions of the original pieces handy if you are shopping for McCoy. This is part of the reason that I buy fewer pieces of McCoy these days if I have any reservations about their authenticity and collect more Roseville and Weller Pottery.

Here is a fake/fantasy piece that I have to remind me to be careful. I purchased at a flea market about 10 years ago for a price that should have been a red flag at the time.

Mccoy Pottery Reproduction Fake String Holder 01.jpg Mccoy Pottery Reproduction Fake String Holder 02.jpg Mccoy Pottery Reproduction Fake String Holder 03.jpg

2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Saw a dozen or so fake McCoy Pottery dog bowls at an antique mall over the weekend. One vendor had 5 or 6 priced at $45 each and labeled as vintage. They looked identical to the one in the eBay listing below. Be warned, fake McCoy is everywhere.
    mccoy.jpg mccoy2.jpg

dgbjwc and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted