Recognize the signature? Small whatchamacallit

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Sep 7, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

DBDE47D9-A81C-497A-856A-4E7EADF20BA9.jpeg F79E223D-5C1D-4DEE-8847-EC8169A9CC0C.jpeg 0FB7FF02-DDF0-4E22-AD9F-E8C285FECA49.jpeg 688E208C-BA41-4EA7-BF4B-91AC61CAAA99.jpeg

Hi!

Uploading pics from the phone is so much easier than from the pc. I picked this up because it caught my eye for some reason. Does anyone recognize the signature or anything else about it? I think this is earthenware and only vintage or maybe a little newer. Kind of looks like a studio piece. What was it’s purpose? Do you think purely decorative?

Ty for helping.

Stay safe!

Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

student or studio pot of some sort.............imo...

Bakersgma and gauntlettgems like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

Dag nabbit. Lol

KSW likes this.
  4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

komokwa, Bakersgma, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. gauntlettgems

Great link!! I’ll bookmark it. Did you recognize it or use the directory?

Ty so much

6. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

first of all im not familiar with stephen rodriguez work. I just opened his website and found 2 jars with ears/handles, one is more like yours and the other is slightly larger then yous.
    purely if I compare both jars based on photos then I see that the way your handles are made and attached to the body is completely different from his work. in any case, current way of working

also the clay looks different.

judy likes this.
  7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Only recognized it as worthy of looking up.
    The difference in clay doesn’t matter, he worked on both coasts and even worked in porcelain. It’s definitely his work.

gauntlettgems, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  8. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

you can easily find out whether this is one of his work is. you can send a mail. He has a facebook, a linkedin account and a website.

gauntlettgems likes this.
  9. gauntlettgems

I’ll ask for sure. It was cheap and I thought it was a little nicer than the norm. I just have so much to learn about this stuff.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted