Featured Red (Ruby?) gilt glass vase - Czech? Age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Jul 28, 2017.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I've still a lot to learn about ID'ing and age'ing glass - is this Czech/Bohemian - and about how old? Its about 5" tall. Thanks again!

~

36089803171_e2e728b7d4_k.jpg 36089816671_66e71b52f1_k.jpg 36089796101_be59657ecf_k.jpg

35419414993_987b589552_k.jpg 35390828814_d46a6fe163_k.jpg 36089780341_bd7a742b2c_k.jpg

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The pattern on the sides reminds me of a small vase that my sister bought for me in Italy about 10 years ago. The vase I have is very similar in shape to this, with just a gold rim on the top, not fully covered in gold like yours.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very pretty.
    And it can stand on its head....:wideyed::)

Aquitaine, cxgirl, judy and 1 other person like this.
  4. aaroncab

Bing! Thanks - I think it is Italian - here's a very similar one ( although mine doesn't seem to be hallmarked).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/526822816/vecchia-murano-vase-vintage-ruby-red-24k

EDIT - if you search "VECCHIA MURANO FACTORY" vase - you'll find a lot like this one.

lauragarnet, cxgirl and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Nice! But doesn't stand on its head.:(
    Does yours have the mark as well?

aaroncab likes this.
  6. aaroncab

7. Any Jewelry

Well, that's all right then.:) I prefer the red.

aaroncab likes this.
  8. toomanytocount

toomanytocount Boredom is a sin.

I was just looking at some recent Czech glass vases in the same style as this one. Not quite right for Czech I think. But then, a lot has changed since 1992, so I can't say for sure. :)

aaroncab likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I forgot to mention, mine is a light purple / amethyst color.

aaroncab likes this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Can't help but to say, excellent photos!

Aquitaine, Any Jewelry and aaroncab like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Don't know if you all recall the article on Bischoff glass. (Old Ebay board) He's the one that did the icing flowers for decanters and liqueur glasses. He also put liqueur in decanters decorated like this.

He had glass done in Italy, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Japan. All made with the same decorations per his request. The companies then continued using the decorations on other wares.

I would not be surprised to find that this could have come from any one of the above countries.

12. aaroncab

Thanks - once in a while I break out my cheapo collapsible light-box and get decent results.

Draft saved Draft deleted