Featured Red Sheer Hand Embroidered Sequined dress

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Dec 30, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas. As for me, my Dad passed on Christmas around 12:30 PM, I'm okay now kind of. Anyways, this dress I got a few weeks ago but didn't post here because my good camera broke, I recently got what I could afford, a piece of crap kodak point and shoot, yea go figure, only $59, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I think this dress is a Pakistan wedding dress, not 100% sure though. The lady I got it from had it hanging on her living room wall as part of a decoration, looked pretty nice on the wall, till I asked to buy it. The material is sheer feels like linen and has small round metal sequins, hand embroidery designs etc. Also if anyone has a good Canon, Nikon SLR camera their not using anymore, I could sure use one about now. I can send money to your paypal account if you have one, but can't pay retail or even close right now, putting money together for my Dad's funeral. I am sorry I am posting all this about me, my so called friends don't care about my situation and my Siblings don't either.
    More about the dress, anyone know where it's from or name of this kind of dress ?

Thank You and wishing you all a Happy Great New Year....P.S. Please don't drink and drive, even if you think your okay to, that's how most drivers think when they drive buzzed or drunk...

Peace...Billy Davis 002.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

pearlsnblume, Sandra, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think its just a very pretty caftan Billy,and I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Billy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.....I hope you have good strong memories of him to help you thru this tough time.....

4. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Billy, ((( cyber hugs ))) to you.

5. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Was saddened to hear of your Dad's death.
    Thank you for letting us know.
    Take good care of yourself, and keep posting.

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Billy,
    I found a very good Olympus with only a 5 megapixel on ebay for 19.00. Sorry to losing your dad, it is always a horrible to lose them at the Holidays.
    My dads new family did not inform me of his passing until a month after the burial.
    greg

7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Billie, that is beautiful. Hopefully, AJ can shed some light on it.

Have you thought about looking on ebay for a camera?

Be strong. Thoughts go to you on the loss of your Dad.
    Patd

8. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Oh no. :(
    So very sorry Billy. :(

9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Jeez. :(

Sandra, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Billy, so sorry for your loss. And I am sorry you're getting no help in such a difficult situation.
    We're always here if you want to talk, a (distant) support network, I wish we could do more.

The dress is a caftan, as johnny said, and a very pretty one.
    It is not a wedding dress, but red is the colour for joyous, festive occasions. It was probably worn over a silk fitted dress. Those ewers are a bit puzzling.

Pakistani brides generally wear very heavy but elegant skirts called 'lehenga', with a matching top and veil:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They can wear a caftan over the lehenga, but that is a more fitted Persian/Mughal style caftan:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Billy....I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May 2018 be a much better year for you....peaceful, happy and healthy.....and wealthy too of course.

12. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Billy. Sorry for your loss. (((((HUGS))))

13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Billy, I am so sorry for your loss.
    To better days ahead...

Christmasjoy, judy and Sandra like this.
  14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Ah, Billy, you're never ready to lose your dad. I'm sorry.

This is Middle Eastern: see that coffee pot? Probably silk and it's lovely. I saw many in Dubai.

15. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

So sorry, Billy. (((hugs)))

16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Billy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is always hard, no matter when. Maybe if it was a natural passing (and I'm NOT asking), you could look at it as a Blessed time to go....Christ Masses. Peace be with you.

17. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

my condolences on your loss.

Sandra and Christmasjoy like this.
  18. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

((((Billy)))) ... Joy.

Any Jewelry and Sandra like this.
  19. billyd3us

Hi Greg, I had an Olympus before, no ggod though, ThankYou though.

20. billyd3us

Hi Pat, I can't look on ebay because 0 dollars now, it all went to my Dad's funeral expenses. I have a jar fool of quarters though, maybe $80, going to play the lottery. 2018 has to be better. Thank You for your concern, I appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted