Renato Anatra Crackled Bowl/ Ashtray

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Good afternoon and hope all is well. I recently acquired this bowl at an auction for $7.50 not really knowing anything about it. I didn't have time to decipher the signature I saw until I got home. Anyway, while it caught my eye and wouldn't mind keeping it, I am considering putting it up for sale. The signature etched in the bottom is R. Anatra and identical to others that I've seen online. I've found similar bowls (not his) and images of his work (that range from fairly simple to more involved and have high - by my standards - asking prices, but no images like this one.)

This weighs 9.6 lbs (heavy!), and measures 10" across, 8" top-to-bottom, and 4" tall. I've seen it described as a kidney, heart, or piece of fruit bowl. Last photo shows the signature as best as my iphone could capture it, and the 3rd just for detail.

My question for this group is would you recommend any particular online auction site should I decide to try to sell it on? What little online I do anymore is on ebay, and just questioning myself if that's the right avenue for this piece. I have zero experience with any selling other than on ebay and Facebook Marketplace. Any thoughts? As always, thanks for your 2 cents.

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Mugzinnys and CheersDears like this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Ebay would be your best result in my opinion. You could try mercari too glass and artglass tend to sell very well on there. Atleast for me it does.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  3. Grateful

Thank you. Just what I'm looking for-opinions from those who sell or buy art glass online.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  4. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Shipping close to 10lbs could be expensive. I recommend using Offerup app, popular for local pickup. It may take little time for right person to find it but you can try it. In addition to whatever other option you choose. Nothing to lose. I use it and like it

Mugzinnys and Grateful like this.
  5. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

very nice piece of glass:)

6. Grateful

Thank you

7. Mugzinnys

I did not find anything by Renato Anayra in a crackling glass pattern, did you?

8. Grateful

No, I haven't and was somewhat curious about that, as well. This ebay link is the closest I've seen to this bowl, although slightly different:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-MURANO-ART-GLASS-RUBY-CRACKLED-GLASS-RUBY-RED-amp-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-GEODE-BOWL-/313035779803?nma=true&si=VCAah9ytKw5sD49ra510HeO3ahM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And, here's a link of his signature that matches the one on my bowl perfectly (third photo):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Mur...237504?hash=item3d876f8400:g:sq4AAOSwI59Z920M

9. Mugzinnys

maybe someone will come along that has the Murano Glass knowledge needed to answer those questions or lead you in the right direction. I know very little about Murano and Italian glassmakers. But it is definitely a gorgeous piece of glass, with a touch of pink.

Grateful likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted