Featured Renner or Renneu? Cursive strikes again...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ally330, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Hello, I bought a "flat" of old dishes for .01c. Yes one cent. Lol it had several portmeirion cups, fascinating, and 2 interesting plates (see pics), as well as some worthless and frankly ugly modern cups.

I google searched and imaged searched both plates and got nothing. I was wondering 1. Can yall make out this signature 20201223_224550.jpg
    2. Do you think this plate was produced as a set? Its so pretty, I'd love to complete the set but I think it may have been hand painted 20201223_224755.jpg Now the other plate (below) is marked royal doulton and is transferware but I cannot figure out what set its from. And I've searched...
    20201223_225033.jpg 20201223_225129.jpg 20201223_225215.jpg
    Any info would be lovely and once again tyia

2. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Also never mind on the rd im an idiot lol

Fid likes this.
  3. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Bronwen likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Hi - this is a very typical hobby or home decorated (usually Limoges) porcelain blank. It is probably one of a kind and the signature is that of the creator. No not THE creator, a creator! :hilarious:

Fid, Ally330, KikoBlueEyes and 5 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Are your sure?:wideyed:

[​IMG]

Ally330, blooey, KikoBlueEyes and 2 others like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The name on the first plate looks like E. Renner to me.

The image at the center of the RD plate is Athena, based on some ancient coins. The decoration on her helmet is usually described as Scylla scanning the horizon.

Ally330, KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Interestingly the Paxton RD plate seems to be exceptionally rare, im not sure im going to keep it. The other plate will look lovely hanging up somewhere or displayed on my desk. The portmeirion (1960s) will probably be sold to recoup my .01 lol.

Bronwen and patd8643 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted