Featured Repair mother-of-pearl spoon handle

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My daughter's grandmother gave her this spoon with a mop handle. She had written a poem that went with it so it has great sentimental value. The cleaners dropped it and broke the handle. She's going to send better photos. What is the best way to repair mop? IMG_2558.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

A runcible spoon! @kyratango is a good person to ask about this sort of thing. She or another of our jewellery people can recommend the right kind of glue.

3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like they're in WAYNESVILLE, MO......so, at least USA!!

judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I'm glad someone else knew it was a runcible spoon! I want her to send me a copy of her grandmother's poem.

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

When you get a plastic one with a school lunch, it's a spork.

7. Mixdenny

Mixdenny Active Member

How interesting to see two people identify it as a runcible spoon when that term, by design, had no definition! I see that Wiki lists several "attempts" to define it, but they only apply to the spoon, not any of the other uses of runcible mentioned by Lear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runcible

This spoon does not seem to fit the "definition" anyway as it should have only three tines and a sharp edge? It's a neat spoon whatever it is.

Dennis

Draft saved Draft deleted