Request for help identifying twin sized four poster beds

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Heals, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Heals

Heals New Member

Hello all!
    I have a pair of twin-sized four poster beds, Queen Anne style (or maybe Chippendale?) I believe. There is a label on the back for H.C. Valentine & Co in Richmond, VA, which an internet search indicates made reproductions and restorations.

They would likely have been purchased during the late 19th/early 20th century as they were in my great grandmother's house in NC until her passing. The interest medallion you see covers the screws at the foot of the bed.

I'm looking to sell them, but have no idea of the value.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Heals

Attached Files:

2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

I imagine that these are mid-20th century reproductions of Sheraton beds. While undoubtedly good quality, demand for twin beds and "brown" furniture is not great. I would expect about $300 +- at auction for both of them in my part of the U.S. Midwest.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    PortableTreasures and komokwa like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

The Richmond, VA label dates no older than October 1963, when two letter state codes took place.

komokwa likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Market you are selling in makes a lot of difference. We would not be able to get that even at retail here in my semi-rural Midwest location. Maybe $150.00 for the pair if any interest at all.

komokwa likes this.
  5. Heals

Heals New Member

Thanks all I appreciate your responses!

Draft saved Draft deleted