Featured Requesting an assist on a piece of contemporary glass CHMF Inc.??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mansons2005, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have this vase, new in the box, but I am confused (ignorant!) about a few things.

This does not appear to be cased glass, but the bottom is clear - is there a term for that treatment?

Is the top rim "ground, with eased edges"?????

And the manufacturer is CHMF Inc. I know that this outfit does (licensed) reproductions of Tiffany, Wright and other glass designs, but I have NO idea "who" the company is...........I can locate no information on them, either in the US or Italy.

The label on the bottom of the box reads "DO885812, Vaso Lobelia Blu H25 Magnolia, Made in Italy"

ANY and ALL assistance is most appreciated!

MVC-575S.JPG

MVC-578S.JPG

MVC-572S.JPG

MVC-573S.JPG

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

It's almost certainly 'cased,' the blue is a thin dense layer on the inside, the crystal only shows on the bottom.
    The top could be described as ground and polished, with chamfered edges. I'm not sure "eased" is a glass term.

3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Thank you! Those were the confirmations I needed! Most helpful.

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

CHMF may only have decorated the vase. Silver overlay is most often done by someone other then the glass manufacturer.

Draft saved Draft deleted