resin ashtray age

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris Mount, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

hi any ideas on age of this ashtray looks resin ashtray at front but has a pot sort of at the back 140mm long 100mm high chris 15085679851534.jpg 15085679852145.jpg 15085679852406.jpg 15085680034497.jpg

Attached Files:

kyratango likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

It was made between 2012 and 2017. And congratulations are in order! You posted just in time to be in last week’s “Ugliest Object” competition and you have won!

Tom Mackay, judy and kyratango like this.
  3. Chris Mount

woo hoo what do I win
    i know i will make a plaque for the ashtray and award it to myself

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My first question would be why is an ashtray made of flammable material!

Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, Bev. :eek:

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

To get rid of it?????:oops::oops::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::playful:

Edit: Actually, do we really know it's made of resin?????

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maybe it's intended to be a vase or planter, to fill with pretty flowers that will make a nice contrast with the bottom part? :)

I don't think it's ugly, really. And I wonder whether its form is a copy of a known sculpture.

8. Chris Mount

I think it's a studio piece shined bottom in light and found this on bottom so decorative only pin test did show resin anyway nice and quirky 15086107377160.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted