Resource on rare euro coins

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by TT Antique, Jan 15, 2019.

1. TT Antique

TT Antique Well-Known Member

Hi All
    I am not sure if this is the right category. In any case, I was looking for a comprehensive website or book or any resource that summarizes all the rare euro coins that are highly collectible. It seems such information are scattered everywhere without any comprehensive treatment and at times are even confusing. Ebay has also added its own layer of abstraction to it. Is there anyone who has come across such a good resource ?

Thanks in advance!

TTA

i need help likes this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I don't think there are any reliable comprehensive sites or publications, not what I know of anyway.
    The scarcest Euro I know of is the €2 commemorative from Monaco featuring Gracia Patricia (Grace Kelly, mintage 20,001) which currently has a four digit value.

Figtree3, TT Antique and i need help like this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Found this site which gives mintage of the rarest ones.
    https://www.fleur-de-coin.com/eurocoins/rare-euros

Euro's have not existed long enough to be really collectable, I don't go out of my way to buy them and I don't collect them in a numismatic sense.
    I have a tray with about €100 in mixed coinage which I've picked up along the way.
    I'll probably use them for tolls and tips on my next European road trip.

Figtree3, i need help and TT Antique like this.
  4. TT Antique

TT Antique Well-Known Member

Thanks daveydempsey! However the site does not show error coins like that of 1 cent coin from Italy depicting the wrong figure (that was supposed to be on 2 cents) which is highly sough after(one was sold for thousands of Euros in auction).There are several error coins as well that are rare.
    TTA