Restaurant China - Reference book - I could use some input.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Dec 30, 2020.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

In the past, I would consult the website but it no longer exists. I vaguely remember seeing something about a reference book about this type of item.

I looked on Amazon & they have Restaurant China Vol. 1 & 2 by Barbara Conroy. I was wondering if anyone else has these books & what they think of them as reference books.

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy::kiss:

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have Volume 2, Peggy, but I rarely use it as I don't deal in restaurant china very often. I can send it to you if you'd like to preview it before buying your own copy.
    Don

pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. bercrystal

@dgbjwc - Thanks for the offer Don!! I will keep it in mind. :kiss::kiss:

@janetpjohn - Thanks for the link. The one I had used in the past no longer worked. :kiss::kiss:

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I found it by accident when I was looking for their facebook page. Did you slog through all those patterns? It's lovely that it exists, but I've never actually found a pattern on it.

6. bercrystal

I did look through all of the Syracuse pages but did not find anything. :(

I think I did find something years ago but then again I rarely find any restaurant ware that is in good enough condition to buy for resale.

Draft saved Draft deleted