Featured Return of the Bling aka normal service has been resumed

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ownedbybear, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Much more betterer, to use my family saying.

The oldies first.

P1180820 small.JPG P1180868 small.JPG P1180785 small.JPG P1180869 small.JPG P1180826 small.JPG P1180837 small.JPG P1180784 small.JPG P1180824 small.JPG P1180829 small.JPG P1180789 small.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Some of these were being sold by a lovely woman who's mum had dealt in jewellery. Dealers had picked them over but missed some.

P1180827 small.JPG P1180825 small.JPG P1180828 small.JPG P1180838 small.JPG P1180785 small.JPG P1180786 small.JPG P1180784 small.JPG P1180837 small.JPG P1180839 small.JPG

3. Ownedbybear

This is Caithness.

P1180871 small.JPG

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I really like the fur clip? with the amber-colored stones!! :happy::happy:

That is quite a haul!! :jawdrop: You must have been very pleased with your outing at the end of the day!! :D:D

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Dress clip, rather than fur, 30s Czech. And yes, rather pleased, especially as most of it was fifty pence or less each. The Caithness was fifteen quid, but well worth that. The orange is glass with not a bit of damage.

judy likes this.
  6. bercrystal

Are you referring to the first piece? It looks more red than orange & I would have never guessed it was glass. :jawdrop:

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Great haul obb, and brilliant family saying.:joyful:
    Maybe the dress clip?

judy, johnnycb09 and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

I think she was speaking about the necklace at the top. When I first saw it I thought it was a funky plastic piece but what I know about jewelry is a tiny drop in the sea compared to the backgrounds of some others here on the forum. :p:p

judy, johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I like this top batch all! But that pearl necklace with the little green leaves is SO delicate & pretty......is that part of just the chain where it clasps and goes behind on the neck...NOT gold??

judy, johnnycb09 and bercrystal like this.
  10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Can you show us the cameo after you give her a bath?

judy, Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Ooo, such eye candy!

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Someone got lucky! There was precisely one tag sale within reach last weekend (a second was on the home turf of a tag sale shark, if wasn't her sale. no temptation there). The one I could get into looked like a total wasteland. The antique /jewelry place I normally hit was closed for the day. (sigh)

I'd have pegged that first one for plastic too at first glance. BTW - was that Ruskin-y pin signed?

judy and bercrystal like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

The Ruskiny pin isn't signed and the back looks more modern than the front, so it may be one of the later kit ones.

When I caught sight of the orange, I thought plastic. But they're nice and cold and heavy. A true orange, the colour balance is a bit off on the photo.

Pearl one is delightful, also TINY. I think the chain bit is brass.

Bangle group is glass, the pink and clear necklaces nice older Czech. I shall dunk the cameo and see how it turns out.

Micro mosaic is older, on brass, but on a good vermeil chain. That green beaded bangle is actually on wire. Clever and wearable.

bercrystal, Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted