Featured Ring of unknown origin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Born2it, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

Hopefully I will get some more (and better!) pictures once I unpack, but neither of my parents have any recollection of it. All I know is that it’s pretty small, and it was found in my basement. Could be from York, Pennsylvania, or Cos Cob/Greenwich, Connecticut, or Boston, Massachusetts, or even Iceland. 65AA0666-D887-44C8-BA07-45FDD8A31AF7.jpeg A31C0EC5-9296-4F86-8DF2-44E17C928ADC.jpeg 309A85AA-47CA-4E8A-B3D7-AB191305FD83.jpeg

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

A skull,old mine cut diamond and someone's initials... no idea where it came from. Is there a maker's mark inside the band?

3. Born2it

I’m not sure that’s a skull, but I’m kicking myself because I should have taken a dozen pictures before I packed it. Now I don’t have them and it’s making me nuts. I started taking pictures then got interrupted, and when I got back to it I thought I had taken pictures and just packed it up.:arghh::arghh::banghead::bigtears::banghead:

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Looks like a Monogram made of hatchets. EJT.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's a one-off of some kind, from somewhere. I'd wear that if I had it. If that's a diamond it looks like an old-school cut.

LauraGarnet02 and Born2it like this.
  6. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

7. LauraGarnet02

I was thinking along the same lines as @i need help , that it was some type of rustic, woodsy font. Now that I have seen the other similar rings, I think it is a stylized Oriental calligraphy font.

Speculating wildly, if these rings are actually from the 1940s, I'm wondering if it has something to do with GI's fighting in the Pacific Theater.

8. Born2it

Oooo, my grandfather fought in WWII - I wonder if it was a ring of his cut down for my grandmother.

It’s probably good I’m not sure what box the ring is in - I would be way too tempted to dig it out!

BoudiccaJones and George Chaney like this.
  9. LauraGarnet02

It could be a pinky ring, maybe.

kyratango and Born2it like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted